Monday, December 26, 2022

Some Random Thoughts on the Day after Christmas

 



Didn't quite make the Anglican Use Mass on Christmas Day.  (Yes, I know I'm not supposed to call it that any more; I fail in that as in other particulars.)  It was earlier than usual and, alas, too many unpleasant infirmities make mornings a difficult proposition.  But I did make the noon-time traditional Roman/Gregorian Mass at St Mary by-the-Sea so all was not lost.

And we had a proper Christmas dinner, prominently featuring turkey which I had never attempted before.  Yes, you read correctly:  I attempted it.  And apparently succeeded.   It was tasty and the both of us are still alive and in good health.  Or at least  no worse off than we were pre-prandial.

As I think I mentioned before in this space, the Christmas pudding was not home-made.  But the store boughten one was quite good.   If you too have lost your pudding pan, the Mileeven product is quite good indeed.  In fact, I had some for breakfast this a.m.  Fried up a slice with the bacon.   Yum.  (And for those who worry about that sort of thing, other than buying their products, no, I have no connection with Mileeven, financial or otherwise.)

The google/blogspot feature that keeps its eye on The Inn and tells me if anyone dropped by, tells me that, indeed, a few do still find their way here.  And to you few is owed my annual apology for not posting  more regularly.  In fact,  last week I did have rather more to say than usual but the time available was nibbled to death by small but time-consuming bits and pieces . . . . provoking most justly thy wrath and  indignation against me?  Well, I hope not.  But in any event . . . as usual . . . I shall try to do better.


The above is this year's Christmas creche.  Yes, it does look remarkably like all the previous year's creches.  It's called tradition, doncha know.   And, as is often the case, in many browsers you can click on the picture and make it far too large.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home