Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Day


Hæc dies quam fecit Dominus! Exultemus et lætemur in ea!

A little more difficult to do this year than most:  no Mass, no Holy Communion, no Easter confession, no Easter water, no singing with the choir.

Watching the Triduum and Easter Mass on the computer has its pluses and its minuses.  There is at least a vicarious participation and for a little while one is almost there.  Almost.  And then one is brought up short.  That's not the Blessed Sacrament; it's an electronic representation of an event going on elsewhere, and you, my friend, are not going to be receiving Holy Communion for the . . . what? . . . 4th or 5th Sunday in a row?

At the risk of appearing a bit p.o.d., I am not only missing Mass, I am very much missing Mass.

Ian Paisley is very far from being my favourite politician but I read that he had a little sign on his desk which is very suitable to the circumstances:  

"Hallelujah, anyway."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home