Friday, June 14, 2019

While I Was Away

Only two or three posts since March.  I didn't go back and count but that seems about right.  This may be the most neglectful I've ever been of the poor old Inn.  But we've been having health problems for a while now.  And by we I don't actually mean me.  I'm fairly healthy; just old.

But Mary has really been put through the medical and surgical ringer.  There have been several things in the past few years but in the first 4 months of this year she has had two major operations one for hip replacement and just lately a major back operation.  She's still restricted in what she can do: no twisting, bending, or lifting anything of any consequence.  (And yes, she's been informed that she can "shout, but not twist".  It was amusing the first 7 or 8 times but she's heard it enough now.)  Thanks be to God, though, the pain, the agony she was in is at last gone.   Recuperating is going to take a few more months.

So even though I'm in pretty good shape for an old guy who doesn't take particularly good care of himself, there isn't time for everything.  I've been spending days in the hospital, maintaining the home front and finding out how much she really does around here.  In general, trying to keep up with things that are -- shocking, I know -- more important than The Inn.  There is even a mountain of emails awaiting perusal but I've made most band practices and most choir rehearsals.  Yes, my time allocation priorities are not everyone's.

I hesitate to promise to be a more regular correspondent because there is also the issue of bone laziness to contend with.  But it is my intent.   Really.   It is.