Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving . . .

. . .was, of course, yesterday.

Herself and I didn't do our own dinner this year so I have no gravy catastrophe to relate.  Instead we went to the cousins in Long Beach and had the requisite sumptuous repast.  It was also a celebration of Mary's birthday which is usually on or around Thanksgiving (but is actually a week away this year, but who's counting).  So there was pie and cake which pleased me and the birthday girl and absolutely delighted the Under 5 Set beyond belief.

I don't spend much time with the Under 5 Set these days.  I had forgotten how wonderfully hilarious they can be.  They are determinedly single-minded. . . and so easily distracted.  Except when they're not.  And they're what brought to mind the Chesterton paragraph in the post below.  Monica and Joe, you made the evening.   Norman Rockwell should've been there.