Tuesday, April 07, 2015

From the Morning Paper

Blog posts should really include links to the referenced material.  I don't think it's statutory yet, but failure to do so seems to be synonymous with moral laxity.

Nevertheless, I will continue.  The reference is to an advertisement and they don't include print advertisements in the paper's web edition.  So you'll have to trust me.  The advertisement was for a mausoleum in, I think, Orange County.  I know; I should've paid attention to name and location.  But  I didn't.  I was so struck by the amenities in this establishment, for this "affordable prestige" mausoleum provided 24/7 "climate-controlled comfort".  Isn't that wonderful?   You or your loved one can decompose in perfect climate-controlled comfort for all eterni- . . . um, well, no I don't suppose for all eternity.  But for a very long time.  At least until the outfit goes belly-up and someone dumps you in a landfill and redevelops the property into luxury apartments.

I should've saved the advertisement.  Maybe they'll re-run it next week.


Labels: