Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meanwhile. . . .



After far too many hours trolling (in the good sense) the web, I am about Poped out.  It occurs to me that the new Holy Father is who he is and is going to do what he's going to do whether I can predict it or not.  And he's unlikely to ask my opinion in any event.

So I decided to look for a good version of the reel JB Milne that shows the first couple's turn and cast on bars 9-12.  I found one, but this wasn't it; on this one you can't really see clearly how anyone's doing the pas de basque turn.  But I liked the music and the general energy and enjoyment going on. Don't know who the band is but they seem to be enjoying themselves, too.

There's one more SCD video that must needs appear on The Inn but I've got to locate it again.  In the meantime, some nice border piping by a lassie named Shonagh Duncan playing Steal Away, Kalabakan, and Sleepy Maggie.  My own border pipes arrived a few weeks ago, but in between miserable health and Santa Ana winds (it dries out the air and bellows-blown pipe reeds don't get enough  moisture to tune properly) I haven't had much chance to get very proficient with them.

This lady on the other hand. . . .