Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Habemus Sacerdotem




I just returned from the priestly ordination of Fr Andrew Bartus at the Basilica of San Juan Capistrano. You can read some of the details if you click on the image of the Ordination programme above.




That's the basilica above. Alas, I have no pictures of the ordination itself. Someone was assigned to that so there should be some on line eventually. I did actually remember to locate the camera before leaving this time but it had decided not to work. Even new batteries didn't help. This left me with only the phone camera, which is useless without brighter light. So no pictures. Yet.

The ceremony befit its setting. It was beautiful. The Tallis Chapel Society sang William Byrd's Mass for 4 Voices, along with some propers from both the Graduale Romanum and the Anglican Gradual. Yes, there was a good bit of Latin involved.

Did I mention that the rest of our community and another entire community from San Diego were received into the church at the same ceremony? And that that included two former Anglican priests? Well, I should have because they were and it did.

The reception hosted by the basilica parish included first blessings and an excellent repast, a.k.a., 'bun fight' ala Fr Barnes. And for me the opportunity to get reacquainted with a classmate of mine I hadn't seen in something like 40 years.

And now to prepare for our first Mass as a community in 5 days. Anyone know where I can get some sanctus bells at a reasonable price before Sunday? (I know The Inn runs on almost unrelieved hyperbole at times but I'm quite serious about that last sentence.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home