Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Current Events

Egypt takes up at least 20% of every news broadcast these days. With it comes the urge to inform oneself. Thus far, I have been able to resist.

However, in the spirit of the thing, I've pulled Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile off the shelf for a re-read. I'd forgotten how good it is. I think perhaps the Peter Ustinov film version disappointed and coloured recollection of the book.

Death on the Nile is classic Christie; she puts us right in the time and place within a couple of pages. And so long as current events are going to guide the evening reading, I've pulled Murder in Mesopotamia and They Came to Baghdad off the shelf and put them next in the queue. That's the great thing about having a wonky memory. I can re-read mysteries any number of times with full enjoyment because I never remember who dunnit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home