Sunday, January 23, 2011

Burns Night


Yes, his birthday is on the 25th. But we had our annual Burns Supper and Ball last night. I'm still in the mood to dance even though by the end of the evening I could barely move. The setting step could no longer be called a pas de basque; a shuffle, perhaps, if you were feeling kindly.

The video has nothing to with last night at all. These are pipe marches on - mostly - accordians. The only marches of the evening were for the opening grand march and I played them on the pipes. The dance music was provided by Susan Worland on violin (or fiddle; I'm not getting into that discussion again), Lyle Ramshaw on piano, and Michael Bentley providing the percussion. No accordian at all.

So what's the video doing there?

I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home