Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Weekend So Far

Da nobis, quæsumus, Domine, pluviam salutarum – grant us healthful rain, O Lord - says the post communion collect “For Rain”. This being California inaquosa and all, I add that collect to my daily prayers most days.

Not lately, though. It's been bucketing for almost a week. Maybe I should have emphasized the salutarem bit to the Lord? In any event, I played for a wedding last evening and a real Scottish wedding it turned out to be: cold, damp, foggy, and lashing with rain. I'm not altogether complaining. I was sheltered from the rain and I rather enjoy playing in the weather. I had some of these things to keep my hands warm so I could feel the chanter and it all went pretty well.

Nevertheless. It's now Sunday night, the rain is still coming down with no sign of a let-up until Thursday. And after being out all afternoon again today, I am finally back indoors with pot of tea and slice of soda bread, and no place that I have to be until Friday. Laus sit Deo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home