Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some Piping for the Weekend


The entire weekend was not consumed with the resurrection of my cyber world. We went to hear the Battlefield Band on Saturday night at the Carpenter Center in Long Beach. Quite a change from the last venue I remember (from many years ago) at the old McCabe's Guitar shop. Here's a clip from one of their older performances. They've been around 40+ years and the personnel has changed a good deal over the years. Only one of the fellows on this clip is still with the band but I put this up since the headline listed "Capt Lachlan MacPhail of Tiree" one of my favourite reels. I've never heard it played like this and it's none the worse for the arrangement.

(Mike Katz is their current piper and the one we heard last night. I posted a clip of him playing the Scottish smallpipes last year. You can find it here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home