Monday, September 28, 2009

Mild Guilt of the Non-Religous Type






I played for a funeral service yesterday, committing someone's ashes to the sea. I had a wonderful time. Which doesn't seem quite right. But I can't help it; I really enjoyed it. I got out of this miserable, blisteringly hot, dry corner of the world with its filthy air out onto the sea in the fresh, cool air for a couple of hours. I went for a boat ride, breathed the invigorating air, played pipes (the pipes loved the humidity), and got paid. What's not to like? And, yet. . . well, it was a funeral. A very sad occasion for the family. So I didn't smile. But inside and between you and me, it was a delightful afternoon.

(The picture is from the camera on my cell phone. I'm really astonished at how well it turned out. I wasn't expecting much from a phone camera, particularly as in the bright sunlight I couldn't see exactly what I was shooting. I have a few more but for some reason Blogger is not reducing them as it used to and they are coming out far too large.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home