Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friday the 13th. . .

. . .comes on a Thursday this month.

But I've been anticipating it all week. The PC seems to be on its last legs. The video card gets dodgier by the day. The current one is built into the mother board so I can't swap it out and for unexplained reasons of its own it won't accept a new one. I've tried. And a couple of techs have tried too. And now other odds and ends have decided to stop working intermittently; the general opinion seems to be that the mother board itself may be stuttering to a halt. We may be looking at a new pc.

Today - on the 13th itself - it seems to be trying the old lull-him-into-a-false-sense-of-security wheeze. Everything is swimming along marvelously at the moment. It's even letting me post this to The Inn.

I suppose so long as I have internet access I really ought to be researching PCs that might be in the budget instead of blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home