Tuesday, April 07, 2009

University of Notre Dame: Non Serviam

Pretty much all you need to understand about the Notre Dame and its obeisance to America's abortionist-in-chief can be found here.

I would only add that the issue is still important because of the perceptions. Each autumn Notre Dame plays U.S.C. in football. I enjoy seeing Notre Dame beat U.S.C. Or I would if it ever happened. I would enjoy this not because Notre Dame is a Catholic university. It's because U.S.C. thinks Notre Dame is a Catholic university. Just so with the infamous invitation. You and I may know that Notre Dame isn't a Catholic university and hasn't been since 1967 but most of the country doesn't know that. The result is, using that good old fashioned word in its traditional sense, scandal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home