Saturday, May 31, 2008

Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote, The droghte of March hath perced to the roote. . . . Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

And this fellow has got the longing in a big way. He's walking from Worcester Cathedral to Santiago de Compostela. He's hoping to make it be 25 July in time for the feast of St James.

This blog is really a delightful find. (Thanks very much for the tip, Eloise.) I started at the top, you know, the way you do on a blog. But better is to go to the beginning. I would suggest, then, starting at the first post at the bottom of this page and working your way up and forward. Which is what I'm trying to do, although I haven't finished yet.

I wonder if he brought any bagpipes as Chaucer's Miller did?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home