Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Magma. (noun) Naturally occurring mobile molten rock materials, generated within the earth.

That's what I seem to have been coughing up since last weekend. (Oh, sure, it may be the usual sort of thing associated with your basic chest cold. But melodramatic whimpering aside, the dredged up from beneath the crust of the earth, through the soles of my feet and into my chest explanation does, at the moment, seem the likeliest description.) And it's cold and it's raining and I had to pass along a good gig yesterday to someone else who has two functioning lungs. And now Mary has whatever it is that I have. And my diaphragm hurts too much from all this coughing to blow in a new reed which I will need by Saturday so I can play for a Burns Supper.

Other than that, not too bad. And, you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home