Friday, August 24, 2007

Found While Looking for Something Else



I ran across this brooding picture of Dunguaire Castle in Wikipedia this afternoon while looking for something completely unrelated.

About 20 years ago or so on a bright sunny day with no hint of those lowering clouds, I had great fun playing every Irish tune I could think of on my two drone warpipes while standing high up on that little balcony that faces the courtyard. (Which you can get a slightly better view of by clicking on the picture.)

I remember asking my brother-in-law if he thought the folks in charge would mind if I played a couple of tunes. "Mind?" he said. "They're down there now charging an extra £1 for the entertainment."

Well, they weren't. But I took his point. And it was great fun. You get a wonderful reverb from stone wall, floor, and ceiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home