Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brrrrrrr!

I hesitate to mention this. Southern Californians get no sympathy from the rest of the country, with possible exception of Floridians, when they complain about the cold. So I am not complaining. No, seriously; I'm not. I'm just mentioning that it has been extremely cold lately for this part of the world; the high 40°s is not the sort of day time temperature we are used to. Too cold to practice pipes in the park (and I have a gig coming up on Saturday which needs to be practiced for).

On the other hand, I can get some use out of all those woolly sweaters Mary buys for me which usually spend 10 or 11 months in the chest.

I remember one Christmas Mary and I spent in Ireland. The Irish papers were full of delighted talk about the unseasonably balmy Christmas weather which was running about 55° fahrenheit. When we got home the local papers were full of talk about the unusually frigid weather here in the lower left-hand corner of the U.S. You guessed it: about 55°

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home