Saturday, April 08, 2006

Deferred Gratification

Sometimes I don't know how much gratification I'm actually deferring. I grabbed a copy of "Gilbert" magazine, the vademecum of the 21st century Chestertonian, this afternoon to take along with me to a funeral. (It's not as disrespectful as it sounds. I try to arrive a half hour or so early to tune-up and get last minute instructions. And they often don't need me until the end at the gravesite. It can be a long wait.) And what should I find on page 28 but an article of Eric Scheske's, he of The Daily Eudemon and Chesterton and Friends, on blogging. And right there pretty much smack dab in the middle of it is a very gracious mention of The Inn, "a wonderful site" so it says. Your servant is well and truly chuffed. Thanks, Eric.

Uh, it's deferred gratification because the article appeared way back in the July/August 2005 issue. Did I mention I was a little behind in the periodical reading area?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home