Thursday, March 09, 2006

St Mary's -- III

"Now, I don't know who these unhappy folks are. Most of those that I knew when I went there left with Fr Johnson and now attend elsewhere. Perhaps they are just the sort of ornery curmudgeons that Fr Tran's notice says they are."


So I said the other day when pontificating about the situation at St Mary's. Well, after a chance meeting the other day while practicing my pipes down at Rynerson, I find that I do know at least some of these folks. We had a long discussion, my friend from St Mary's and I. Many of them were the backbone of the parish, the workers and the volunteers. Not crackpots or idle rabble-rousers. These are the ones "invited to leave". Perhaps they should clap the dust from their shoes on their way out as the scripture suggests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home