Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm doing my very best. . .

. . .to keep this an independent weblog and not merely a sort of table of contents for everything Hilary White posts. So far with only moderate success. Alas, today marks yet another failure: today you must click this link and read her essay on the importance of mental prayer. It includes a short "how-to" introduction on the basics. Wonderful stuff. HMT would be approve. Your prayer will improve and you will thank her. And maybe me for my indexing work.

And as long as I'm in a recommending mood, Bill Luse has a piece on Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man is Hard to Find" here. O'Connor needs no recommendation and Bill does not know how to write a dull sentence. And, as usual, his piece is full of insight. Mind you, I've never really understood "A Good Man" and I'm sorry to say I still don't. What Bill says about his students is tailor-made for me, too: I can tell by their reaction to the story that it is much the same as was my own upon first hearing it: something important had happened, something more than a mere murder - I just wasn't sure what it was. But I understand more of it than I did. It repays a read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home