Monday, August 29, 2005

Tap, tap. . . .is this thing on?

It’s been rather a long time, hasn’t it. Two weeks and a bit. Why, I even had to look up the password for Blogspot.

I have been busy. Happily so, in the remunerative sense, as I owe the dentist, the oral surgeon, the skin cancer doctor, and the eye doctor. I am neither toothless, dying, nor blind but these folks still need to be paid so these few extra gigs have been a very happy addition.

And our niece was out from Ireland and stayed with us for a while. Now, I actually had a great time. I am a natural-born tour guide. And, yes, there really are some things well-worth seeing here in partibus infidelium. (And some things about which there may be some difference of opinion what with the 40 year, more or less, difference in ages.) The absence-from-weblog relevance is that all that tour guiding takes all day. And into the night.

Mary has discovered that my computer is more useful than hers, more useful software and better ergonomics. I’m learning to “share” all over again. Those lessons in kindergarten apparently didn’t stick. Or maybe they never applied to computers in the first place. In any event, I can’t just waltz into my office (“My” office, you will note. Harrumph.) and post a link to the articles in the Press Telegram about the celebrations honouring the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers and their World Series win. Not when Someone is in the middle of typing a Request for Proposal, a bit of work which may, unlike the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, result in a financial enhancement of the familial bank balance.

And, as always, it is August and hotter than the hinges of hell in this office of an afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home