Friday, July 22, 2005

Excuses

It's six o'clock in the evening. The thermometer says it is 90 degrees fahrenheit. This little office has no air conditioner. And now you know why there have been so few posts lately, and those few late. It's just too hot to stay in here for non-essential, i.e., nonremunerative, tasks. Even the funeral I did yesterday was done in piper-casual: the black waistcoat with the silver buttons. No jacket. I do my best for my clients and try to dress appropriately but heatstroke isn't on the list. And this, after all, is southern California. Well dressed is a clean T shirt. Formal is a Hawaiian shirt with pressed slacks. I can't tell you how often the funeral director and I and are the only two guys at the service with a tie.

I appear to be rambling again. Time for something cold to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home