Sunday, March 06, 2005

A Game?

Something like that. I don't see how you could lose at it, though, so "game" may not be precisely the right description. In any event, T.S. O'Rama and the SummaMammas have participated and while reading their entries a few occurred to me. So herewith, "the first five movie quotes you can think of. They must be from different movies":

1. "Impetuous! Homeric!" -The Quiet Man

2. "Never apologize, Mister. It's a sign a' weakness." -She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

3. "If anything goes wrong -- your fault, my fault, nobody's fault -- I'm gonna blow your head . . clean. . .off. Do you understand me?" -Big Jake

4. "Can you use a typewriter?"
"No, thanks. I have one at home." -The Philadelphia Story.

5. "I was reading a book the other day. . ." -Dinner at Eight (O.K., not much of a quote. But it's spoken by Jean Harlow and the double-take and look of astonishment it produces on the face of Marie Dressler is worth sitting through the whole movie for.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home