Sunday, February 06, 2005

Salus civitatis in legibus sita est.

The Superior Court of Los Angeles County in its wisdom has decided that I would be a likely candidate for one of their popular jury panels. So tomorrow I am off to one of our (relatively) local courthouses to sit and read for a week, with occasional interruptions for voir dire where counsel, carefully concealing looks of horror, will vie with each other to be the first to send me back to the jury room to continue my book. My career as an active venireman is inevitably short-lived. (A law degree, being on the police volunteer list, and playing pipes for police funerals doesn't make me defense counsel's ideal candidate.) But that doesn't mean I'm allowed to go home.

In short, if this week's blogging is even more haphazard than usual, now you know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home