Monday, January 24, 2005

The Book Game

Via Mommentary. The game is "You post a list of books that you got from someone else. The game is to remove authors who you do not have in your library and replace them in bold with ones you do have."

I've seen this one mentioned before but Elinor's selection caught my eye because at first glance I thought I had all of them. But at second glance, alas, no Georgette Heyer. In fact, I confess, although the name was familiar, I had to run a Google search to find out precisely who she is.

In any event, the list:

1. Anthony Trollope

2. Josephine Tey

3. Wilkie Collins

4. Jane Austen

5. Margery Allingham

6. E. F. Benson

7. G. K. Chesterton

8. Patrick O'Brian

9. Tony Hillerman

10. Dorothy Sayers


Actually, I think that Mary has a couple of Georgette Heyers somewhere. So in honour of the fact that they are in the house, even if not in my library, I kept the era (even if not the, uh, ambience) for my one new selection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home