Thursday, October 14, 2004

Against all expectations. . .

. . .the "debates" have actually caused a voter to change his mind. Me. With no enthusiasm whatsoever and with a certain amount of misgiving I had decided to vote for Mr. Bush assuming at least that we would have decent, i.e., pro-life, nominees for the vacancies on the various federal courts. And then last night there was this:


MR. SCHIEFFER: Mr. President, I want to go back to something Senator Kerry said earlier tonight and ask a follow-up of my own. He said -- and this will be a new question to you -- he said that you had never said whether you would like to overturn Roe v. Wade. So I'd ask you directly. Would you like to?

PRESIDENT BUSH: What he's asking me is, will I have a litmus test for my judges? And the answer is no, I will not have a litmus test. I will pick judges who will interpret the Constitution, but I'll have no litmus test.


[The full text of the debate can be found at the L.A. Times' website here.]


He avoids answering the question on Roe v. Wade and refuses point blank to commit himself to appointing pro-life judges. There is now no reason whatsoever to vote for the Stupid Party. At least for president.

The website for the Constitution Party makes it seem a more than acceptable choice. If it turns out not to be, the "President" slot on the ballot will be returned without a mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home