Friday, September 10, 2004

Not Gone and Apparently Not Forgotten

I received a kind note today lamenting the fact that I had give up my blog. It's very nice to be missed but, in case anyone else wondered, I haven't given it up. When I first started this little project I made myself a promise that this would not become another one of those things that I let take over. The word "obsess" springs to mind. Mostly, I haven't. Unless, of course, you count assessing every event of the day as to how it could work into a blog post. Still, mostly, I haven't let it take over. Which is why you haven't seen anything new here for the past week: I have let other things take precedence.

Not the least of which has been the heat. Last Sunday it was 103f in our little town. And my tiny corner office is not air conditioned. The computer is in the office. The one and only air conditioner is in what we, with only a little exaggeration, refer to as the library. Hence I have been in the library as often as I can. A great artist would suffer for his art and endure the heat. A hack blogger will hang out in another room with the air conditioner.

And I've been rather busier than usual. So the blog is still very much alive. And it will be attended to when time and climactic conditions allow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home