Thursday, April 15, 2004

An Explanation

The previous post reminds me of something. I may owe Michelle an explanation of sorts. Some time ago she had a post in which she wondered if she were the only member of the parish who enjoyed literature which was, um, something less than "Literature". I didn't respond. And not just because I'd have to admit that Louis L'amour may not actually be up there with Anthony Trollope either.* The real truth is that I thought it was obvious. As you can see from the note below, I have no hesitation in reading the Long Beach Press Telegram. And as you will note elsewhere in this blog, even the Los Angeles Times. So obviously there are no literary depths to which I will not sink. Quod erat demonstrandum.


_________________________________
*But, of course, neither should you discount Louis L'amour. The world would be, if not a better place, at least a more comprehensible place if more people could write a simple expository sentence like LL. I wish I could. (No, I don't try very hard, do I. But it's still a worthy goal.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home