Monday, February 16, 2004

Obituary

I received word today that Fr. John Mole, O.M.I. died over the weekend. Many will know him from his many articles in Christian Order and the Homiletic and Pastoral Review, or his books, including the classic work on the liturgy Whither the Roman Rite?

From Fr. Fisher, who annointed him:

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of Fr John Mole
O.M.I., at the age of 93. He made his vows in 1941 and was ordained to
the sacred priesthood in 1947. Originally from Chester-le-street,
England, but for many decades in Canada. Father died peacefully in
L'Edifice Deschatelets, Ottawa following declining health, fortified by
the rites of Holy Mother Church, which it was my privilege to be able to
give to him in the traditional rite.


Fr. Mole had a website here primarily for preachers using the new lectionary, but useful for private meditation also.

God rest his soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home