Sunday, February 08, 2004

It is Septuagesima Sunday today


Septuagesima Sunday, on which the canticle of the Lord, Alleluja, ceases to be said.

And Lent is just around the corner.

Introit : Ps. 17: 5 - 7, 2-3

Circumdedérunt me gémitus mortis, dolóres inférni circumdedérunt me: et in tribulatióne mea invocávi Dóminum, et exaudívit de templo sancto suo vocem meam. Ps. Díligam te, Dómine, fortitúdo mea: Dóminus firmaméntum meum, et refúgium meum, et liberátor meus. Glória Patri.

The pains of hell came about me; the snares of death overtook me. In my trouble I called to the Lord. . .So He heard my voice out of his holy temple. . .

I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength: the Lord is my mountain fastness, my refuge and my deliverer. Glory be to the Father.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home