Sunday, February 22, 2004

Five Minutes of Fame


As I think I've mentioned before I often take my pipes down to a local park to practice. I got talking to some city employees last month and, one thing leading to another, the local city cable system made a short - very short - film about me and my pipes for the said local cable system. I finally got to see it this weekend. What a relief: the playing doesn't sound half bad. Fortunately, there is narration over most of it so the fact that I was more conscious of the camera than I was of steady blowing is not at all obvious. I actually came across as a fairly decent musician.

So I am now World-Famous. Well, World-Famous in Lakewood. Meaning, of course, World-Famous in Lakewood amongst those who have the local cable system. Which is to say, World-Famous in Lakewood amongst those who have the local cable system and actually watch the local cable station. I realize this means three toddlers who've been plopped in front of the television while mommy makes dinner and who are too young to know how to switch the station to cartoons. But it's my fame and I intend to revel in it. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home