Friday, October 24, 2003

So, John, how did that military wedding you mentioned last week go?

It went very well, actually. Thanks for asking. All mess dress and dress blues. Very impressive. I only played at the end for the recessional. "Scotland the Brave*" as the bridal party and the congregation exited, the groomsmen - Marine officers all - formed up at the steps of the church to form the arch with drawn swords. As the bride and groom exited last of all I broke into the Marine's Hymn. I'll tell ya, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Nobody does ceremony like the United States Marine Corps.



[*Just between you and me, after about 4 times through on Scotland the Brave, I started trading off among STB and a few other 4/4's. "Rowan Tree", of course, and then "Let Erin Remember" and "Rising of the Moon" and a couple of others. But it was mostly STB.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home