Friday, September 19, 2003

Back Again

O.K., brand new excuse this time. Never before used (by me, anyway): my hard drive shuffled off its mortal coil and joined the choirs invisible. I have lost vast quantities of dreck that I need never have kept on my computer at all. And I've also lost a nice chunk of valuable stuff that I will miss.

And I've learned a couple of things: (1) No matter how much you back up, if you have nothing to load it on you're still out of business. And (2) I don't have my priorities in order. Which is to say, I saved all the wrong stuff. Yes, I successfully backed up and saved all my financial information. What a waste. I shoud've saved the pictures of my wife with her nieces and nephews. And the pictures of the police memorial I played for. And the high Mass at Notre Dame Cathedral.

Sigh. Next time. . . .

Now to plough through the thousand or so e-mails that have backed up. Back soon. (Yes, really.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home