Friday, August 22, 2003

Glad Tidings

This morning's correspondence brings the happy news that I should have waited another day before intoning the Lamentatio Angelorum

Joseph Montoya writes:

John, you're not paying attention! The Angels are indeed out of the AL West cellar -- by a full game! Which is a very good thing indeed as tomorrow I journey across Michigan to Comerica Park to see the Angels beat (please God) the hapless Tigers. Assuming arguendo I am one of the first 10,000 fans through the gates, I will receive a free Alan Trammel bobblehead doll. And following the game, I will "enjoy" a Christian music concert. I'll be the fat guy in the Angels cap yelling "Sing "Panis Angelicus".........".

And he is right. As of this moment the haloed ones are indeed an entire game out of the cellar. We won't go into how far behind even a wild card position they are. Good news is, after all, good news and not to be sniffed at.

If anyone else is at the Tiger's game and notices a guy in an Angel's cap shouting "Sing 'Panis Angelicus'", say 'hello' for me.

[Hmmm. An Allen Trammell bobblehead doll. I don't think I'll swap my Steve Garvey autographed programme just yet. Even if I could find it.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home