Tuesday, May 06, 2003

I am profoundly annoyed.

My copy of Bowden’s Mementoes of the Martyrs of England and Wales has gone unaccountably missing. It is always on my desk. And now for the past few weeks it has not been there or anywhere else on my desk. Or anywhere else at all that I can find. Blast. I love that book. Even worse: I have a suspicion that I have no one to blame but myself. It’s always much more agreeable when I’m able to blame someone else for disturbing the ordered tranquility of this little office. But I am really afraid that this time the finger points at me. More than once I’ve knocked something off the desk and into the waste basket. A dollar to a doughnut I did it again and this time with Bowden and didn’t notice. It’s probably in a land fill as I write. Double blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home