Monday, January 27, 2003

The weblog has lain forsaken

. . . .for the entire weekend. The little clock thingummy in the lower right hand corner of my computer screen tells me it is now 12:27 a.m. on Monday morning so I have officially missed an entire weekend's web-logging. A very busy weekend, indeed, which I will record here later in tedious and unnecessary detail. (Do you remember Ralph Richardson's character in The Wrong Box? I have it in me to be exactly like that.)

In the meantime I will only mention that yesterday, Sunday, was the 3d Sunday after the Epiphany in the traditional Roman calendar and the 3d Sunday per annum in the Pauline rite. It was also at one time the feast of St. Polycarp and the feast of St. Alberic of Citeaux, one of the founders of the Cistercians. Were it not Sunday, the 26th of January in the Pauline rite would have been the feast of Saints Timothy and Titus.

It is now 12:52 a.m. and that is enough for now. And so to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home