Monday, October 21, 2002

Let's see, where was I?

The last post pointed out that the up-coming weekend was going to be busy. It was. Saturday morning's wedding went very well. The tuning held during a long service and one tune I recommended not be played, they requested I play anyway. I played it and all seemed delighted with it. I still think it was inappropriate. But it was their service and if they're happy, I'm happy. The afternoon wedding also went fairly well. Toward the end the chanter reed was starting to close down on me and became very easy to over-blow. But with a little care it finished out well. I opened it up with a mandril Saturday night and we'll see how it goes tonight at band rehearsal. The Sunday gig consisted in playing on the dock as the boat (carrying the deceased's ashes to be scattered at sea) left for the open sea. Processed down the dock to the boat with Flowers of the Forest and gave Amazing Grace, as requested while the boat moved out. It went four times through until the boat passed out around the lighthouse. (This was from Rainbow Harbor in Long Beach, if you know the area.)

Back in time for our Secular Carmelite Community's meeting, followed by Sunday Mass. My wife and I got home in time to find the Angels behind by one. Final score: 11-10 Angels. Hoo-yah! (No, I didn't forget Saturday's game. Just passing it over in respectful silence.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home