Saturday, April 09, 2022

Some verses from Mattins that appealed to me especially this a.m.

 9  He maketh wars to cease in all the world; * he breaketh the bow, and knappeth the spear in sunder, and burneth the chariots in the fire.

10  Be still then, and know that I am God: * I will be exalted among the nations, and I will be exalted in the earth.

11  The Lord of hosts is with us; * the God of Jacob is our refuge.

                               -Psalm 46

 

V.    Give peace in our time, O Lord.

R.    Because there is none other that fighteth for us, but only thou, O God.


Yes, you've seen it here before.  I do tend to repeat myself here, as indeed, I do in Real Life.  But it's worth a repeat.  And for what it's worth, I do hope Pope Francis got the consecration right.  And no, I don't have any insight on that at all.  I seem to be the only one visiting the internet who doesn't.  And Sister Lucy isn't around to ask. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home