Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Day

We had  a splendid finish for the Lenten season last night, Holy Saturday.  The chapel was SRO and I somehow managed a seat at the front. Paschal fire, paschal candle, chanted Exultet (in Ronald Knox's translation), all nine lections and graduals (all chanted), blessing of the font, blessing of the water, two  baptisms,  two confirmations, baptismal promises, and the Holy Mass.  Vulgo dicta, the whole nine yards.  All-in-all, about three hours and a lot of church for the small battalion of toddlers who were also  present.

 This morning I had the first non-Lenten breakfast in, well, 40 days I guess.  Or a little more, counting Sundays.  And, as I should have expected after all these Lents, it didn't taste as good as I thought it was going to.  It didn't even digest as well as it used to.

Oh, well.   I can still revel in the Regina Cæli.  That sounds as good and goes down as easily as ever it did.  Audite:




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home