Saturday, November 13, 2021

Friday the 13th Comes on a Saturday This Month

 And  so far today, after 3 ½ hours sleep (cf: this page) at 8:03 this morning the tree-trimmers that She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed hired started up their gas-powered tree trimmers and went to work right outside the bedroom.  I'm led to understand that the motors are not engines retrieved from retired jet aircraft but you couldn't prove it by me.  And our early-rising helpers have this amusing little trick whereby they run the motors for a good 10 minutes and then shut them off just long enough for you to fall back to sleep.  Then start up again.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Sleep being no longer on the menu, arose and found that we were short on fixin's for the breakfast.  Went to the market; they had everything but what I wanted.  Fully-stocked market to be sure - news reports to the contrary notwithstanding - except, of course, for what I had come for.  Bought cinnamon rolls instead.   Wonderful comfort food, although our GP would not have been pleased.

Shall I explain how I stopped for gas on the way, dropped my glasses and didn't notice until I had already run over them?  No, better not.  Details not that interesting and tend to make me look an even bigger numpty than usual, even allowing for my sleep-deprived condition.

And it's only lunchtime.  Can't wait to see what fresh unpleasantness is in the offing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home